Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Stand Up To Cancer Day (September 9th, 2016)

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Up_to_Cancer)

Cancer is one of the many things that should not exist.I have had family and friends who unfortunately had to go through cancer, are going trough cancer,or sadly passed away from cancer. My cousin (by marriage) was diagnosed with cancer after she had her second child but the last I knew she was in remission, and my mom's cousin had breast cancer a few years and she's in remission as well. I hope their cancer doesn't come back. My aunt the last time I knew,she as in remission I think but had to go back every month or so to check if the cancer spread anymore.  A really good friend of mine mom's has cancer and I think the last I heard about her was that she had to go in the hospital to have some tests done so I've been thinking of her. A family friend that I have known all of my life sadly passed away a few years ago of cancer.

What is really sad is that  In 2016, an estimated 1,685,210 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the United States and 595,690 people will die from the disease (Cancer Statistics, 2016). That number is a really high number that should be at 0. Nobody should be diagnosed with cancer or see their family member or friend sick.

Reference:

Cancer Statistics.(2016). Retrieved September 14, 2016, from https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics

<3 Amanda 











No comments:

Post a Comment