Thursday, July 19, 2018

15 Tips For Going Into High School

(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/71142869092080225/?lp=true)


Hey guys,

So, I know it has been a few years since I begun high school..okay...maybe like 12.. I graduated high school in May of '09. I remember going into high school because who doesn't? Back then, I was the shy student so I was a little nervous how high school would be for me. In middle school, we had 6 different classes but the school only had one floor while the high school had two floors. If you're going into high school or even still in high school, these tips can still help you.


  1.  Be yourself. It's a lot easier making friends that way because you show off who you are truly and others can see that.
  2. Don't change for anyone-any friends or especially guys. If they are your friend then they should like you for you.
  3. This is something that I didn't do too much but join groups and sports aka extra-curricular activities. I helped backstage for a musical in my freshman year and then did track my junior year. Today thinking back, I wished I joined more extra curricular activities. 
  4. Use a planner!! Planners help you stay organized and on track really well. Your planner should become your best friend that reminds you of tests and quizzes that are coming up, assignments that are due, sports practices, and other important information. 
  5. When you're done with an assignment, highlight it so you know that you completed it. 
  6. Use flashcards to study for vocabulary or other important key terms/concepts.
  7. Make the flashcards colorful so they are appealing to look at. 
  8. Grades are not just important in your junior and senior year. Your G.P.A is from your entire high school years.
  9. If you don't fully understand something, ask your teacher if you could come in early or stay after school for additional help. I had to do that a few times when I was in high school.
  10. Take the electives that YOU want to take and not just because your friends signed up for those electives . If you don't like art but your friends are taking art, don't take art. Sign up for electives that interests you, and that's another way to make new friends.
  11. Try to not be tardy or have too many absences (especially unexcused ones) because then you'll miss a day or that class and feel behind because you missed learning and information that happened that day.
  12. Follow the dress-code!
  13. Don't get involved in the drama that happens in high school. I actually transferred schools the beginning of my senior year due to the drama (I can write a post on that). If you see drama, just walk away from it. It's useless and just cause more drama and it will continue. 
  14. Remember that these are only 4 years of your life, and they go by fast.
  15. High school prepares you for college (whether you go to an on-campus college or an online campus). If you don't keep track of your assignments, grades and etc. in high school, then any type of college might be a little bit tricky for you.
What grade are you going into this year?

<3 Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment