Tuesday, August 23, 2016

There Was A Tornado?!!

My weekend was pretty eventful to say the least. On Saturday, we had some rainy and stormy weather, and then my phone went off saying that my area had a tornado warning and to take shelter now. There isn't a basement where I live so we couldn't go to the basement but at least we were inside rather than outside. It was poring rain, wind was blowing crazy and the sirens were gong off obviously. I was checking my phone to see if my friends and family were safe and they were. The power went out soon after so I didn't have WiFi anymore,just data but my phone was going slow as the phone towers were probably down as the storm was bad. I was messaging some friends to see if they were safe and I got their responses that they were. As far as I can remember there has only been one tornado that happened in the city where I live and a straight wind storm(I think that's what it's called) so we were like it won't touch down but we were wrong. It was crazy. One siren would go off and it would say the warning would last until such time but then another round of sirens would go off. That continued at least 5 times or so. We lost power around 4pm Saturday afternoon and it didn't come back on until around 2am Sunday morning.

There were more than one that touched down but one was too close for comfort. We found out that one touched down like 3 blocks away from where I live. Trees were uprooted, trees fell onto houses,cars,fences and garages,power lines were down, light signals were all messed up,etc.  I haven't been out to actually see the damage but I have seen pictures on Facebook and it's sad. But it's also great to see that the community is working together as a whole to get everything picked up,fixed,etc.  A bakery was giving out free doughnuts and only was asking donations to help the families that were affected by the damaged. I am happy to announce that there was no casualties or injuries.

<3 Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Notre horrible ici au BrĂ©sil nous avons fait, mais les tempĂȘtes causer beaucoup inchente et glissements de terrain.

    @elapensatambem

    ReplyDelete