Wednesday, October 4, 2017
I know that this devastating event happened a few days ago but I needed to get my thoughts together for this post. I remember waking up Monday morning and do what I do each morning which is to look at my phone on Twitter,Instagram, Facebook, check my e-mail and etc. The first thing that I saw was about the Las Vegas mass shooting. My first response in my head was "Why???" Why does another person think it's the right thing to do to get a bunch of large (unneeded) guns for anyone to have as a civilian and start shooting at thousands of innocent people?? I just don't understand.
When I was younger, there might have been shootings but I don't think there were any large ones like we sadly have had. I'm only 26 years old, and at the top of my head I can already name 3 mass shootings around the county; Columbine High School, The Pulse and now this one. I also remember one that happened a few years ago in my own city. I even remember being in my house watching the updates on TV. There was 7 innocent lives taken away that day and I know that 7 is not even close to the numbers in the other mass shootings but honestly, any number is way too high for any shooting.
One day I hope to have my own children but I'm honestly a bit nervous to bring children into this scary world where people think that they can go buy guns and shoot people for no reason at all. When the time comes for me to have children, I'm going to absolutely be a great role model for them and express to them that I'm there for them if they ever want to talk to someone.
There has been several talk show hosts who has talked about the shooting but one that really struck me was Jimmy Kimmel's speech, which you can watch here. I was not aware that he was from Las Vegas and I understand how he was feeling. If you see/hear something happening in your hometown, you think to yourself that this wasn't how my city was when I was younger. Our cities were a lot safer back then, and that is because some people think that they are all that and go buy guns, and then go killing innocent people. That's the world we live in now and I'm just one person but something needs to definitely change. Now these days, people don't really want to go to concerts or out to celebrate occasions because there might always be the fear of someone taking their life for no reason.
My heart, prayers and thoughts goes out to all of the victims, their families and friends, and also to everyone who were injured and their families and friends as well.
Sunday, September 10, 2017
This post is a little late. I meant to post this a lot sooner but you know how life can be. I'll make sure to let you know where the items came from.
Friday, August 25, 2017
As a way to say thank you for reading my posts and for following me on my social media accounts I wanted to do a giveaway. I feel like this is a really simple giveaway but I feel like you have to begin somewhere, right?
What will you win in the giveaway? Well you will receive:
- 1 4 pack of Pilot G2 Metallic pens
- 1 bag of Haribo Gold-Bears Gummy Bears
- 1 3 pack of Trident Watermelon Twist Gum
- 1 6 pack of Paper Mate Flair Pens
- 1 Blistex Medicated Mint Balm
I decided to give those items away because
- I love different kind of pens, especially Flair Pens
- I love candy and gum
- Blistex Mint is my favorite
Sunday, August 13, 2017
The school year is slowly coming to a start. I'm not too sure who exactly reads my blog but if you're not starting high school or in high school yourself but know someone who is, send them the link to this post and it might be helpful to them. Even though I graduated a few years ago in 2009, I still remember how nervous I was my first day of high school. I have complied a few tips for you on starting high school:
- Be yourself! You want to make friendships with people to are like you and have the same interests as you. You don't want to pretend you act this way or another or like something that they like when you dislike whatever that is.
- You don't have to impress anyone! This goes along with #1 but you go to school to learn and interact with classmates but you shouldn't dress a certain way to impress someone. Not saying don't look cute for your crush though.
- Do NOT procrastinate! A good idea is to use a planner to write down all of your homework and tests and quizzes. My high schools (yes, I went to 2) provided agendas for us to use but if your school doesn't, stores like Wal-mart or Target has them.
- Don't skip/don't play hooky! Although you might think your Humanities class might be boring and you would rather be somewhere else, just tell yourself that you only have this class for one hour of your day and if you dread going to that class everyday, it is just going to make yourself slack off and you'll end up doing bad in the class and have to take it over.
- If you're able to, join a sport team or club! In my freshmen year, I helped with the musical and then my junior year I joined the track and field team and even though I was a terrible runner, I still made some great friends.
Saturday, August 12, 2017
I decided that it was time to type up another Favorite YouTube Channels post. Here are 5 of my favorites. They range from all over!
Phillips FamBam (YouTube Channel): This family is a great one to watch. The family consists of the parents Danny and Tina, and children Braden, Ashlynn, Ethan, Elijah and Emberlynn. They post a variety of different videos that everyone can enjoy. They post Cook With Me's, Vlogs, Challenges, Hauls, Eat With Me's and much much more. Danny and Tina are such great people to look up to, and you can tell by their videos how much their family love one another. You can find them on their social media sites; Facebook, Instagram, Tina's Twitter and Danny's Twitter. You should definitely go check them out! You won't regret it!
itsmekassidee (YouTube Channel): The first thing that I like about her is that her spelling of her name is unique and I have never seen it spelt with a "K" before. Other than the spelling of her name, I like watching her videos because she is real and show how real life can be. She's married to Cary and they have 2 adorable children; Jensen and Lila. She posts vlogs, hauls and more. You should check out her social media site; Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Google Plus.
The Weiss Life (YouTube Channel): This family consists of Jeff and Melissa (the parents) and Gabrielle, Gracelynn ,Gwyneth ,Gretchen and Gemma. You could say that Jeff is out numbered but I don't think he minds. They post videos like Build-A-Bear videos, Vlogs, Challenges and much more. The girls also have their own channel, which you can check out by clicking here. Their social media sites are Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram and Pinterest.
HappilyAHousewife(YouTube Channel): Samantha is married to Matt and they have 3 children, Matthew, Lillian and Joshua. Through her videos I can tell that she is a great mom to her children. She's also really pretty. She posts a variety of videos and they range from Cleaning, Back To School, Grocery Hauls, Planner Videos, and much much more. She is also a baseball mom. You should check out her social media sites! They are Twitter,Instagram, Google Plus, Facebook and Blog.
Lehoux Family (YouTube Channel): The Lehoux Family is a YouTube family from Canada. One thing that I like about them is that they also show how real life can be. Their family is Brad and Sara, and their children Sophia, Cohen,Nolan and Grayson. Sara has a personal channel as well and you can check it out here. She hasn't posted on that channel in awhile but there are still great videos on that channel. On their main channel, they post vlogs filled with a variety of things. You should check out their social media sites; Facebook and Instagram.
Let me know down below if you subscribed to any of these channels. They are all great YouTubers!
Even though I am only a few weeks away from completing my bachelor year I still struggle with time management a little bit. My (online) college goes from Wednesdays to Tuesdays at 11:59 pm. We have to get all of our work in by 11:59 pm or it will be considered late. The work that I typically have in a week for 2 courses is:
- Discussion board where we have to post our initial post and then respond to at least two classmates.
- Journal (depends on the course)
- Quiz ( depends on the course how many in a course)
- Assignment (Typically every other week)
This current week though I have 2 discussion boards, 4 responses to do, 2 seminars and readings. This week isn't that bad as in workload. It is 12;21 am on Saturday morning, and all I still have to do is one discussion board, 4 responses, , one course reading and a seminar (which is on Mondays night so that's why). As it being early Saturday morning and having 4 days left to get everything completed I don't think I'm doing that horrible on my time management this week.
Do you struggle with time management? Do you have any additional tips that work for you when it comes to time management? Let me know down below!
Friday, August 11, 2017
You might have seen a new app popping up on social media and that is the Sarahah app. I have heard about it and it reminds me of apps in the past; Askfm and Formspring. I personally am not going to install it because in my opinion it is just another way that bullies can get away with bullying others. This app allows the sender to remain anonymous so the person who you're sending a message to can't see who you are. I know some of my friends installed it and that is totally their choice but again, I'm not going to.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
I recently made a personal Instagram where I follow YouTubers that I watch, and my family and friends. I also have an Instagram account for my blog and I follow other bloggers. I received a follower request on my personal account from an account called "The Lipkin Life". I clicked on their name and I noticed that they have a YouTube channel. I like finding new YouTube channels to watch so I checked out their channel. After viewing their first vlog where they introduced themselves and their 3 children, I instantly felt inspired by them. They are a very strong family in my eyes, including the children. Their family consists of the parents;Kyle and Dusti; and their children, Blake, Ethan and Olivia. In their family they are battling Arnold Chiari Malformation Type 1, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3, Craniocervical Instability, Narcolepsy, Thyroid Cancer, Hypermobility and also a few other things.
Something in me felt the need to get in contact with them and ask if they would be willing to do an interview that I could post on here. I definitely felt that they deserve more subscribers. Even though we don't even know one another I was touched and greatly inspired by them, and I know my readers would be as well. I was honored when they sent me a message back saying yes, I could interview them and to email them my questions. Here are Kyle's responses to my questions:
Q: How do your family stay so positive?
A: It is a real challenge and mental game but to be 100% honest, we are not always positive (anyone who says they are is lying), in fact, we struggle daily with really trying to keep ourselves moving forward. YouTube up to this point has only really seen the "Highlights" and some drama from our family. We still don't record and publicize the intimate moments where we are completely broken down and sobbing over our children. There are nights where we can't sleep and just hope to God that our kids somehow can make it out of this. We battle constantly with doctors offices, family, and almost every aspect of life just to try and get people to believe we have anything wrong with us and our kids. Invisible illnesses are really terrible because on the outside you look great but on the inside, you feel like you are dying more every day. Every morning Dusti wakes up in such extreme pain that she cannot even function until she has medicine and coffee. To be honest, one of the ways to get through something like this is to take it head on and say "it is what it is" and you just fight.
Q:.Why did you decide on starting a YouTube channel?
A: Our family used to belong to a very strict, legalistic church that allowed no video, movies, make-up or anything to do with "hollywood", which included YouTube. We recently left that church about 1.5 years ago. Dusti had always wanted to start a family vlog so it was her idea. We have only been on youtube for about 3-4 weeks. The main goal of our YouTube channel was and is 3 things.
- Promote awareness for rare illnesses such as Arnold Chiari Malformation, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3, Narcolepsy, Craniocervical Instability and Thyroid Cancer. The first 2 illnesses listed here are the main focus
- Provide a place where people with similar illnesses or struggles can come to see that although you may have to battle certain things, that you can always make it through. Life is full of up's and down's
- Give a glimpse into the craziness that we struggle with as we battle against rare and chronic illnesses. We want our story to be heard.
Q:.Do you have any favorite YouTubers?
A:I have so many YouTubers that I like. Ones that I have really been following around Chiari/EDS are as follows:
- Alyssa All Day
- Christina Doherty
- “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” Lao Tzu
- “If you don't like where you are, change it. You're not a tree.” Jim Rohn
- “When you judge others, you do not define them; you define yourself.”Earl Nightingale
- "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”Maya Angelou
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” Suzy Kaseem
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Monday, July 31, 2017
Friday, July 28, 2017
Since I only have 2 more courses left for my bachelor's degree,i want to do a Q and A about being a full time online college student. So please leave your questions down below in the comments and I'll be sure to answer them.
Thanks in advance.
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Friday, July 21, 2017
Eventbrite is looking to raise awareness for causes that fall in the month of July. Eventbrite is the largest self-service ticketing platform in the world that helps people find and plan events. The main thing that they focus on is non-profit fundraising. If you're interested in checking out their site, click here. By clicking the link, you will be sent to the site and you'll be assisted with a tool to help you with planning your fundraiser. That particular tool is an event organization tool that's offered at a discount for nonprofit fundraising.
I think National Make a Difference to a Child Month is a great idea because not all children may not feel special, needed or wanted and that is such a sad thing to think about. Everyone; children and adults; should feel special, needed and wanted. There are many ways that you can make a difference in a child's life.You can add your ideas but here's the list of ideas I thought of:
- Tell them that you love them
- Take them out to a movie and let them choose which movie you see
- Take them out to dinner and let them choose the restaurant
- Make them breakfast in bed, like they might have done for you on Mother's or Father's Day
- Take them to the park and just enjoy the time spent together
- Go bowling with them and get bumpers so they can jump up and down when they hit the pins, or even get a strike.
- Have an ice cream date
- Go to the zoo
- Go to the pool in your neighborhood, or to the beach You can even have a water balloon fight in your backyard
Do you want to begin a non-profit fundraiser? If yes, you should check out Eventbrite here.
Monday, July 10, 2017
I have seen these types of posts going around and I wanted to create my own. I was like "Why not an ABC's of being an online college student?"
D:Dedicated, Days Off
J: (Don't have one)
K: Key terms
P: Planner, Professors
X: (Don't have one)
Y: (Don't have one)
Z: (Don't have one)
I'm planning on making a separate post about a few of these things just so I am able to go more in-depth on the topics.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Hey friends! I'm Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl! I'm the hostess of a blog challenge called Solidarity Sisters! Amanda was one of the participants over the past two months and I'm so happy that she was a part of it! As part of the challenge we talk about engaging on social media, monetizing our blogs, and getting to know other bloggers. In the final week we collaborate a post with each other! So here's my Solidarity Sisters collaboration for Amanda!
With Summer quickly upon us, it's time to go to the beach or pool! Packing your bag for that trip to the beach or the pool can seem like such a huge task! It's really very simple though. There are six essentials that I pack every time.
- A beach towel- there are so many varieties of beach towels now! You can get a character, flowers, food, etc. Some of our favorites are my polka dot towel, my Atlanta Braves towel, and my husband's Carolina Panthers towel.
- Sunscreen- I have fair skin. Screen is a must for me or I will burn to a bright red. Remember to reapply after swimming and after at least every two hours.
- Sunglasses- I have two pairs of sunglasses. One stays in the car and the other is in my purse. I usually end up wearing the pair that is in my purse because the pair that stays in the car is always too hot from being in the car.
- A camera- It doesn't matter where we go actually! My camera is always in my purse. When we go to the beach there's always an opportunity for a photo!
- A bathing suit cover up- I don't like walking to the beach or pool in just my bathing suit. I'm not self conscious about my body, but I do believe in modesty.
- A drink or two- It is VERY important to make sure you don't dehydrate! It gets hot in the summer no matter where you live.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
- The starting price is only $9.95
- There are 3 different sizes of boxes.
- Mini size- 5+ snacks
- Original size- 10+ snacks
- Family size- 20+ snacks
- You can receive your box either once a week, every 2 weeks or once a month
- You can pause or cancel at anytime
Friday, June 16, 2017
Here is my much waited room tour. I might not go into much detail for some areas of my rooms as I'm planning on doing more in depth posts on those areas. One thing that you probably will wonder is why I have these things/areas in my room and that is because although I'm an online college student(4 more courses to complete including the two I'm taking right now) I wanted to make my room feel like a dorm since I have never got to live in one.
Thursday, June 8, 2017
I don't believe I have ever done a grocery haul on my blog and I like watching grocery hauls so I thought I would give it a try, and see how you guys like them. I'll start off with just household/cleaning supplies: