Eventbrite is looking to raise awareness for causes that fall in the month of July. Eventbrite is the largest self-service ticketing platform in the world that helps people find and plan events. The main thing that they focus on is non-profit fundraising. If you're interested in checking out their site, click here. By clicking the link, you will be sent to the site and you'll be assisted with a tool to help you with planning your fundraiser. That particular tool is an event organization tool that's offered at a discount for nonprofit fundraising.
I think National Make a Difference to a Child Month is a great idea because not all children may not feel special, needed or wanted and that is such a sad thing to think about. Everyone; children and adults; should feel special, needed and wanted. There are many ways that you can make a difference in a child's life.You can add your ideas but here's the list of ideas I thought of:
- Tell them that you love them
- Take them out to a movie and let them choose which movie you see
- Take them out to dinner and let them choose the restaurant
- Make them breakfast in bed, like they might have done for you on Mother's or Father's Day
- Take them to the park and just enjoy the time spent together
- Go bowling with them and get bumpers so they can jump up and down when they hit the pins, or even get a strike.
- Have an ice cream date
- Go to the zoo
- Go to the pool in your neighborhood, or to the beach You can even have a water balloon fight in your backyard
Even if you don't have any children of your own, you can of course still do these things with your nephew/niece, grandchildren, friends' children, or you could even sign up to be a Big Brother or Big Sister. Some other ideas if you don't have any children of your own, you can get in touch with your local children hospital, foster homes, kids camps, and ask what items they are the most in need for. A kids camp might just ask for Popsicles for hot days, and while that might be something that you feel isn't important to have but to the directors/counselors and to the campers having something to cool them off in the heat will help them out a lot. You could even donate to a children's charity and help find a cure for a disease or cancer. Do you have any ideas on how you can make a difference in a child's life?
Do you want to begin a non-profit fundraiser? If yes, you should check out Eventbrite here.