Sunday, August 13, 2017

Starting High School Advice 2017-2018

Hey guys,

The school year is slowly coming to a start. I'm not too sure who exactly reads my blog but if you're not starting high school or in high school yourself but know someone who is, send them the link to this post and it might be helpful to them. Even though I graduated a few years ago in 2009, I still remember how nervous I was my first day of high school.  I have complied a few tips for you on starting high school:

  1. Be yourself! You want to make friendships with people to are like you and have the same interests as you. You don't want to pretend you act this way or another or like something that they like when you dislike whatever that is.
  2. You don't have to impress anyone! This goes along with #1 but you go to school to learn and interact with classmates but you shouldn't dress a certain way to impress someone. Not saying don't look cute for your crush though.
  3. Do NOT procrastinate! A good idea is to use a planner to write down all of your homework and tests and quizzes. My high schools (yes, I went to 2) provided agendas for us to use but if your school doesn't, stores like Wal-mart or Target has them.
  4. Don't skip/don't play hooky! Although you might think your Humanities class might be boring and you would rather be somewhere else, just tell yourself that you only have this class for one hour of your day and if you dread going to that class everyday, it is just going to make yourself slack off and you'll end up doing bad in the class and have to take it over.
  5. If you're able to, join a sport team or club! In my freshmen year, I helped with the musical and then my junior year I joined the track and field team and even though I was a terrible runner, I still made some great friends.
I hope you have a great school year regardless of what grade you're entering

<3 Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment