Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Plenty Of Fish Vs. OkCupid

Hey guys,

These days, dating sites has become a big thing because it's convenient. For me, I'm on Plenty of Fish and Okcupid. When I get into a relationship, I used to just delete my profiles but then when I got broken up with, I would have to go back and type everything up again. I've decided that when I get into new relationships I just put "Looking for Friends/Not Looking" depending on the option for that particular site. Since I'm a member of each site, I thought I would compare and contract the two and give my opinion on them. I am only a FREE member so I can't go into all of the things you are able to access if you pay for a membership. DISCLAIMER- These are my OWN opinions (also, this review is based off of the apps not the websites but they are pretty much the same).

Plenty of Fish:

  1.  Messages are of course your messages with other people. If you want to know if they read your message before they respond, then you have to upgrade.
  2. There's an option called "Will Respond" and those are the members that will most likely to respond to you. When you click on that, you will also see "Top Prospects" and those are the members who POF think you will like I suppose.
  3. You can also search (you can have POF access to your device location, which I don't just because) and you can add anything you want to look for in another person like: their age range, education, if they have children or not, if they are a smoker or a drinks, and so on.
  4. Again, if you give POF access to your device location, they can show you who is nearby to you
  5. My Matches- This shows who POF thinks you match up well together. There are other options like your "Ultra Match" that also shows a lost of people and the same for "Chemistry Matches".
  6. You are able to see the people who looked at your profile and you can also look at the list of the people whose profiles you looked at. 
  7. The "Meet Me" part of the site reminds me of Tinder (I'm not on there but I have heard of the left and right object of it). If you're not interested in someone, you swipe left and then if you like someone you swipe right. If there's  a mutual match, then you'll get a notification and it will also be listed under "It's Mutual". 
  8. Favorites- You can put people as your favorites and you also can see who listed you as on of  their favorites.
OkCupid:
  1. Just like POF's feature "Meet Me", OkCupid has something called "Double Take" which is the same exact thing.You swipe left if you're not interested and right if you are. 
  2. "Discovery" is the search part where you can obviously search but there are some options you can't look for unless you're a paid member. You can also see people who you have shared interests with and your top matches. There are additional things on "Discovery" as well that you can check out.
  3. Under "Likes" you can see who you liked and if they liked you back. If you're not on the A-List, you unfortunately can't see who liked you.
  4. Conversations is your messages
The first one I was on a few years ago was OkCupid with the recommendation of one of my brothers.Then a friend of mine told me to try Plenty of Fish. I've found a few relationships through both of the sites. I personally like Plenty of Fish better because there are more things to do. But if you like another dating site better, that's totally fine because we can't always have the same favorites of this world would be boring.

Do you have a favorite online dating website or app?

<3 Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment