Friday, July 13, 2018

The Sad Fires Of 2018- CA, UT,AZ & CO

(http://worldartsme.com/thoughts-and-prayers-clipart.html#gal_post_108593_thoughts-and-prayers-clipart-1.jpg)


Hey guys,

I first want to say that if you live in either California, Utah, Arizona or Colorado that I hope you're safe, and if you have family and/or friends who live in those states that they are safe as well.  I have lived in Michigan my entire 27 years of life. I don't recall any fires happening here that are happening in the extent in those states so I don't understand the scariness of everything happening but my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in those states.

You never hope that your state is under fire. When you get the news especially if you have to evacuate , you have to gather up your most needed and precious items that you own. Looking around my room, there are only a few things that I would grab if I had to evacuate because things can be replaced but people and pets can't. Again, I don't remember a fire occurring in MI. Yes, I do remember a straight wind storm happening when I was younger but the fear wasn't like what so many people had to and continue going through. If I got the news that we had to evacuate due to a fire, I would grab:


  • Important documents
  • My purse
  • My high school diploma and my college degree- I worked so hard for those especially my college degree.
  • My grandma's stuffed dogs and my grandparents' anniversary plate- They have passed and that's all I have left of them.
  • Pictures- Never would have those memories in picture form again.
  • My laptop and my phone

What would you grab if you got the call that you had to evacuate due to a fire or other weather hazard?

<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment