Friday, January 13, 2017

Blogger Spotlight: Doodle Me Travel



My next Blogger Spotlight is with Jessica and she's from Washington. Her blog is called "Doodle Me Travel". If you like to draw, travel or even both you should go check out her blog by clicking here

Q: What made you decide to begin blogging?
A: I started blogging because I really enjoy writing and art, and wanted a way to document and share my travels with friends and family. Over time I have discovered how much I love it and hope to share travel stories and inspiration to other people as well. 

Q: What do you blog about?
A:I write about my favorite travel stories, ways to be an ethical traveler, and guides about the places I have visited. I do all of my own illustrations for my posts which makes me a little different from the usual travel blogger. My blog has more of a quirky, cartoon feel and I want people to have fun when they visit my site.

Q: What advice would you give to someone who is just beginning their blog? 
A: Above all I would say stay true to yourself. First, there are SO many blogs out there that are trying to be the next big, luxury-style travel blog. If you try too hard to imitate others, inevitably you will get lost in the noise. Second, eventually you will run out of steam if you are trying to be someone that you are not. 

Q: What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
A: My blog name is pretty self-explanatory, as I doodle my travels around the world. Still trying to pick a logo, though!

Q: What’s one thing that you want your subscribers to know?
A: I want my subscribers to know that I am authentic and care about my readers a lot. I am not into promoting products I am not passionate about, or writing about places I have never been. I would rather have a few, loyal followers than thousands of subscribers that I have gained through sketchy tactics etc. 

Q: Do you have any other social media sites?
A: I am currently active on Instagram and Pinterest @doodlemetravel. Follow me if you are into humor, cartoons, and travel stories!

Q:How long have you been blogging?
A:I have been actively blogging for about four months. Still a newbie!

Q: Have you ever had writer’s block?
A: Not yet! If anything, I have too many ideas and not enough patience to follow through on all of them.

Q: What do you like to do beside blogging?
A: Obviously I LOVE to travel. I also read a lot and paint in my free time. When I’m not being a total recluse, I am out with my friends at concerts and other fun stuff in Seattle.

Q: What’s your favorite thing to draw?
A: I love drawing people. Ever since I can remember, I have been cartooning and sketching people on whatever medium I can get my hands on. Everyone is just so unique and I love capturing their essence in a simple cartoon.

Q: Where was the favorite place you have traveled to?
A: So far Thailand has been my favorite place but I think I am biased because that was also my first solo trip. I love a challenge.

Q: If you could be on any TV show, what show would you choose?
A: Hmm that’s a difficult one, since I don’t watch much TV. I know this is a little dated but I would say The Office. I bet they have a lot of fun.


Again, if you like to travel, draw or both, I would recommend this blog! And thanks again Jessica for letting me interview you and help promote your blog.



<3 Amanda 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment