Sunday, January 29, 2017

Blogger Spotlight: "The Mind of Court"

I had the chance to interview Courtney from "The Mind of Court ". She is a blogger from Australia. It is interesting that we, as bloggers, can connect  with other bloggers who lives thousands of miles away. Blogging is such a cool way to connect with others with the same hobby or passion.  You should check out her blog by clicking here.

Q: What made you decide to begin blogging?
A:I had always liked the idea of having a blog and documenting things that happened around me. It was not until I started my blog The Mind of Court that I actually had something to write about. I like traveling and I moved overseas so I thought that I those were two things people may be interested in. I am part of a Facebook group about Americans moving to Australia and I often saw a lot of questions and since I had gone through the process I found it would be easy to write everything in once place (a blog) for people to search on their own and find the REAL answers about moving abroad.

Q:What do you blog about?
A:I blog about travel and about my life living abroad in Australia as an Expat.

Q:What advice would you give to someone who is just beginning their blog?
A: Find out what you want your blog to be.. Meaning do you want it just as a record for yourself or do you actually want to make something out of it. Blogs can be seen as fun or a business. It was quite a steep learning curve for me. I started out free on wordpress, but after several months changed to self hosted and that was a bit of a challenge, but I managed. I'd say do some research, and that YOU can almost always find out how to do something by searching the Internet and will not have to pay for it. Don't sell yourself short, the ability to learn new things is possible if you put your mind to it.

Q:What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
A: My blog is called The Mind of Court. Basically my blog is a peak into my mind, the things I think about, my opinions and experiences. What you are reading is all me :)

Q:What’s one thing that you want your subscribers to know?
A:  I'd like my subscribers to know that everything I post about is for you. I want to share my adventures to inspire you that you can do it too and to take advantage whats around you. You may not have a lot of money, but hey neither do I! It may seem that I do since I go to all these amazing places and live in Australia, but I save a lot, I work two jobs, and often try to find the best bargains when planning my trips! It takes a bit of planning, but it is possible.

Q:Do you have any other social media sites?
A: Yep, I have a twitter @THEMindofcourt, an Instagram @courtneybrookehill, a pinterest account, Facebook page, and I'm also on bloglovin. My favorite is instagram and then twitter.

Q:How long have you been blogging?
A: I have been blogging for about 10 months!

Q:Have you ever had writer’s block? If so, what did you do to overcome it?
A: I have had writer's block several times! If I have writer's block I just shut down, wait, and keep going about life. Eventually I'll do or experience something and be like hey! I could write about this and then I do. There is no point in me writing something on my blog just for the sake of writing. You guys don't want to read worthless stuff so I only write when I have something to write about.

Q: What do you like to do beside blogging?
A: When I'm not blogging, I like to spend time at the beach/pool (if its warm), I often go watch Patrick's soccer games or spend time with family and friends. I am a very family oriented person so hanging around at home is all I need sometimes.

Q: What is your favorite place you have traveled to?
A:  I think so far my favorite place I've traveled to would be Melbourne, Australia. I love the city and its laneways. The coffee and atmosphere are like no other.

Q: What is your favorite book?
A: HARRY POTTER! I love these books I grew up reading them and own every book to ever come out.

Q:If you could be on any TV show, what show would you choose?
A: Hmm, this one is tough. I really like Gossip Girl when I was younger so maybe spending a day in the Upper East Side wouldn't be too bad?

Again, you should check out her blog, which you can find here. Thanks again Courtney for letting me interview you and help promote your blog.

<3 Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment