Have you been watching April The Giraffe since the beginning; February? I have been checking in now and then to see if there is any updated news about how she is doing and if she had her baby yet. I feel like April has brought people together that would have never communicated because they all are excited to see her baby and to watch her and see how she acts. I will say that there are trolls on the live feed but for the most part everyone is nice. There have even been conversations other than about April and her baby such as the state/country that you're from, your age and etc. It's interesting to see how spread out everyone is and that any age can be watching April's journey to give birth.
Here are some facts about April, Oliver and their baby (Some Fun Facts About April The Giraffe., 2017) :
- She is 15 years old; He is 5 years old
- Her live feed first went up on Feb. 22
- This will be her 4th calf
- Animal Adventure Park will hold an online naming competition after the calf is born
- The baby giraffe will weigh around 150 pounds and will be 6 feet tall at birth
Here are some facts about giraffes in general (Some Fun Facts About April The Giraffe ,2017) :
- Their tongue is about 18 to 20 inches long, and they use them to grab leaves
- They almost never lie down—they sleep and give birth standing up
- They gestate for 15 months, almost twice as long as humans!
- They have 7 vertebrae (neck bones), which is the same number that humans have
Now if I was April, I'm not sure if I could give birth to a calf that's 150 pounds. That is more than I weigh and also the calf will be 6 feet tall which is also taller than me. I don't know if they said if it's a boy or girl, so what do you think it is and what would you name it?
Some Fun Facts About April The Giraffe. (2017). Retrieved March 29, 2017, from http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/03/15/some-fun-facts-about-april-the-giraffe/