Monday, March 27, 2017

Nature Valley Review/Comparison: Chewy Oatmeal Bites and Granola Cups

Hey guys,

If you're anything like me, you are not a big fan of granola bars because you don't like the fruit in them and/or you're a picky eater. Since I decided to eat more healthier (haven't been the easiest and I'll be honest, I'm not doing the best I could be doing), I decided to try some new types of granola products. The products I chose to try were: Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Bites and Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cups.


Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Bites:


Serving size- 1 pouch
Calories- 150
Total Fat- 6g
Cholesterol- 0mg
Sodium- 130mg
Total Carbohydrate- 24g
Protein- 2g

In my opinion, they kind of taste like the Kellogg's cereal Mini Wheats. It is a nice size pouch if you need a quick snack or if you're running out the door in the morning or anytime of the day. They do contain wheat,milk, egg, and soy ingredients so just a heads up if you're allergic to them. A fun thing that they have on their pouches are jokes.The joke that is written on the pouch that is by me is "Why did the kid take his computer to the beach?" The answer is "To surf the Internet". 


Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cups:

Serving size- 1 pouch
Calories-  200
Total Fat- 12g
Cholesterol- 0mg
Sodium- 180mg
Total Carbohydrate- 20g
Protein- 5g

When I first tried these, I thought they would have more peanut butter on them. I chose to try this product as they reminded me of Peanut Butter Cups.  Again, this snack is also a good snack to just grab in the morning or for a snack to get you through until you can have a proper meal.  This product has more chocolate on it than the oatmeal bites and chocolate is always a good thing. For a heads up this product contains peanuts, milk; and may also contain egg, almond, wheat and soy ingredients in case you're allergic. 


Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Bites  VS.  Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cups

While comparing the two products' nutritional facts, the Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Bites was the healthier option. The Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cups do have more protein in it due to the peanut butter, If I was given the option to choose one or the other, I would have to go with the Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cups. 

If you would like to try Nature Valley products and see what other products they have to offer, click here for their website.


<3 Amanda 










2 comments:

  1. What a great review :) I personally dont like Peanut Butter so I would go for the first ones :)

    ReplyDelete