Saturday, July 23, 2016

Blogger Interview: Camilla Sorum

Today my blogger interview is with Camilla. She is a blogger from Spain and her blog's name is Camilla Sorum She's also a mother to two adorable little girls.You should really check out her blog by clicking here if you want to read a great blog!

Q: What is the meaning behind your blog name?
A: My blog name is simply my name (camillasorum.com) as it is about me and my life.

Q; What made you decide to start blogging?
A: I have always loved writing. Back in the days I studied journalism and did some freelancing. You might not believe it, but my passion was covering motor sport events. I usually keep a journal, or just write when I'm sad or frustrated about something. I've been wanting to start a blog for a while, but been to skeptical. Thinking "who's gonna read it", "what should I write about" and how scary it is to share so much in public. But I love writing, and I finally decided to just go for it.

Q:What do you blog about?
A: I mainly blog about my life. I left Norway two years ago and people were shocked that I dared to just move abroad with two young children. I share some stories from my past, some every day life, some special events pr thoughts that I have on different subjects. I also promote stuff or people that inspires me.

Q: How long have you been blogging?
A: I have been blogging only for a few months.

Q:What do you like to do beside blogging? Any hobbies?
A: Beside blogging I'm very busy. I work 30 hours per week. I'm a full time student and I'm currently alone with my two little girls, so at the moment my free time mainly goes to activities with them. I like handcraft and make baby clothes, rugs or pictures. I'm also very creative and like drawing, coloring and painting. Interior is one of my passions, so I always come up with some changes around the house. Another hobby of mine is animals. We recently adopted a kitten from a rescue organization and are currently waiting to adopt a dog from another. I love dog training and have had dogs most of my life. I'm also hoping to start horse riding again as I haven't since we came here. I really miss it! Other than that I love fashion. I like putting pieces together, dressing up and testing new looks. I like being both in front of and behind the camera. It's so many beautiful locations here, so I try to take some pictures whenever I can.

Q: Have you had writer’s block? What did you do?
A: So far I didn't have a writer's block, although I do spend a lot of time planning my posts. Sometimes I make it very simple, other times more complicated. Sometimes it takes me very short time and other times I need more. My advice to others with blocks would be to think about what you like or are passionate about. If the theme is interesting to you it's easier to write about it. Make a list and write down some simple words and ideas. Go from them and plan weekly. You don't have to plan the whole blog or even a full post, just make sure you have some ideas ready for the times you struggle to write.

Q: What’s one thing you want your subscribers to know?
A: -I want my subscribers to know that I'm available. I take criticism, questions, thoughts, ideas and comments positively. I get a lot of private messages with all kind of questions from people worried to ask me in public. Don't be! I answer absolutely everyone, and if I find it too personal or if it's something I wanna keep private, that's what my answer will be. We can always get better, nobody's perfect, so I'm always open for suggestions, ideas and thoughts of my blog.

Q:How do you balance being a mom, wife and blogger?
A:  Sometimes the balance is hard to find. I'm not a wife (yet), but I have an amazing boyfriend. He's working somewhere else this summer, so it's very difficult to find time to see each other. That balance we can't find, but knowing it's temporary gets us through it. When my girls are in school I use all my free time to practical stuff, doing everything I need before my work day starts. If I have some quiet time at work I take notes for my blog or work on social media. Between end of school hour and bedtime it's all about the kids. Cooking dinner, doing homework, taking them to activities and so on. I always have a book in my bag, so whenever I find some time when the girls are busy I can do some studying. After bedtime I clean up, do some work around the house before I do what I need with my blog and social media. It's unbelievable how much time it requires. When I'm finished I have some alone time before I go to bed myself. The weekends usually gives me some time for blog and studies as my girls are usually quite busy. It's a busy lifestyle, but that's how I like it. I'm very structured and effective and I like organizing. I always plan my days well, although I do get tired of it sometimes. I think it's important to plan some dead time where you can just drop everything and relax. I'm not very good at that.

Q: What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their blog?
A:  If you have just started a blog, don't forget why you did it! Make sure that you post regularly. You may not always have time or creativity, but the majority should definitely be something related to your blog theme and something you made an effort for. It will take time to get readers and build up an audience, it will take time to learn and it will take time to get used to. Just keep it up and you will get there.

Q:Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
A: In five years I see my blog as I see it now. I write for myself, I write because I love it and because it gives me a lot. I can never forget that. If the day comes where I stop doing it for myself I will stop. I hope that others like it too and wants to read it, that I can live off it someday, but that's not why I'm doing it.

Q:What do you want your readers to take from your blog?
A: I want my readers to see me through my blog. I never post anything without personality. I do however want my readers to realize that my blog is not all of me. I don't share everything. I hope my readers find some motivation, some joy, some thoughts or just a good laugh from it. That what I share means something to someone. I have done amazing things, I have proven so much to myself by leaving everything behind and starting a new life. I want my readers to believe that they can make a change, that it's not scary to start over and that even through hard times there is also good.

Q:Do you have any other social media sites?
A: I have Instagram: camillasorum, Twitter: camilla_sorum, Tumblr: camillasorum, and a public page on Facebook: Camilla Sorum Blogger. I can be contacted through any of them.

Again, you should really check out her blog, here if you want another great blog to read. Thanks again, Camilla!

<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment