Thursday, July 21, 2016

July 21st-National Junk Food Day



(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/488781365781972209/)


Did you know that today is National Junk Food day?  I won't lie, I like junk food but you cannot have too much as you need a balance in the foods you eat.  I wanted to know which junk foods were more popular than others so I did some research. To be honest, I wasn't surprised with the brands that were popular.  According to Eric Vilas-Boas (Vilas-Boas, E., 2012),the popular brands were:

  1. Ritz
  2. Lay's
  3. Doritos
  4. Fritos
  5. Orville Redenbacher
  6. Wheat Thins
  7. Tostitos
  8. Cheetos
  9. Pringles
  10. Triscuit
In my opinion, a few of these aren't so bad than the others.  The healthier snacks above are Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuits.  I have noticed a similarity among the 10 snacks and that they all either have a box or a bag that is easy to hold onto. Before I did some research, I thought Chips Ahoys and Nabisco (Oreos) would be a popular junk food brand. My favorite junk food would probably be Ritz crackers, Oreos, Goldfish and candy to name a few off the top of my head.

What junk foods are your favorite? Leave them in the comments below!


Reference:

Vilas-Boas, E. (2012). And the Top 10 Snack Brands in America Are... Retrieved July 21, 2016, from http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/a15934/top-junk-food-brands-092412/


<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment