Friday, June 3, 2016

Blogger Interview: Love And Blues

My next blogger interview is with Leah,who resides in Utah. She is a wife and a stay at home mom to her little boy. Her blog is called Love And Blues located at http://www.loveandbluesblog.com/. I love her blog because it's unique and talks about how we should give back to first responders and military personnel for everything they do every day, especially risking their lives for us to keep us safe.

Q: What is the meaning behind your blog name?
A: Blues is a nickname my husband had in high school, so I thought it would be cute to incorporate into my blog name since I originally started out writing a mommy blog. It also just so happens that "blues" is a term for a police uniform, which was perfect for a blog about being a stay at home police wife. I thought about changing the name when I changed directions blogging, but it was too much work and I thought the name still fit well enough so I kept it.

Q:What made you decide to start blogging?
A:To be completely honest, I heard blogging could be lucrative, and our family could use the extra money. I love writing, so I figured it was worth a shot!

Q:What do you blog about?
A:I blog about showing appreciation for first responders and the military primarily, but I also write about service and patriotism in general.

Q:How long have you been blogging?
A: I've only been blogging for about 3 months, so I'm still very much a newbie!

Q:What do you like to do beside blogging? Any hobbies?

A:Oh, lots. I love to knit, for one thing! I actually had a knitting blog when I was 13/14 that has sat untouched for years.  But I also like to run, paint, draw, and read. I'm currently saving up for a violin because I'd love to learn how to play!

Q:Have you had writer’s block? What did you do?
A: YES! Especially with such a specialized niche, I've hit walls. When I first started blogging, I wrote a list of all the ideas I could possibly think of relating to my topic. There's at least a hundred possible ideas, some being old content re-imagined in a new way. When I feel like I have nothing left to write, I consult that list and new ideas come to mind that I either write on immediately or add to the list.

Q:What’s one thing you want your subscribers to know?

A: I'd love for my subscribers to know that I work really hard on writing. I fret about what they'll think and spend a lot of time trying to find topics that I think will resonate and inspire them. I'd love for them to know that I'm more than willing to hear suggestions or constructive criticism because without my readers, my blog is nothing.

Q:How do you balance being a mom, wife and blogger?

A: This is something I've really struggled with. If I had it my way, I would happily blog from morning until night. That means it'd be easy for me to neglect the household chores or take time away from my son. I have to work on restricting myself to 2 hours or less a day (5 days a week) and anything that doesn't get done in that time just doesn't get done. It takes a lot of discipline and I'm still working on it, but I'm getting there!

Q:What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their blog?

A: Try to refine your niche beyond "lifestyle". I know it's fun to write about anything and everything, but it's hard to find people who want to read about everything you're interested in. People will connect with you better if you have an overarching topic.
It's also easier to write more quality content if you have a focus, not to mention monetizing becomes easier. Niche-ing is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

Q:Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
A: I'm not really sure! I hope that I've created something bigger than myself, that's not only helpful to society but also profitable so that my family can live better and be more comfortable.

Q:What do you want your readers to take from your blog?
A: I want them to understand the importance of service. I want them to know that only through serving others can we improve our society and ourselves. There's so much today that encourages people to focus inward to fix their problems, and I'd like to be the opposing voice saying that if you want answers to your prayers, you'd better get to work answering the prayers of others.

Q:What’s your definition of giving back and the importance of it?
A: This goes right along with what I'd like readers to take away from my blog. Giving back is everything. Helping others is the most important thing we can do in this life.

Q:Do you have any other social media sites?
A; I have a page for Love and Blues on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.


I agree with her. Giving back is everything. Again, you should check out her blog;Love And Blues located at http://www.loveandbluesblog.com/.  Thank you again for letting me interview you Leah.


<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment