Thursday, June 16, 2016

Blogger Interview: Simply Just Noel

My next blogger interview is with Noel,who lives and go to school in North Carolina. She is a dietetic college student. You can check out her blog at  http://simplyjustnoel.com/.  If you're looking for a great nutrition/health blog, I recommend her blog.

Q: What is the meaning behind your blog name?
A: Well, my blog name actually has followed me throughout my entire life – therefore it only seemed fitting! Starting back in high school I liked how “Simply Just Noel” sounded. I can remember being 16 and using it as my username on all of my social media outlets. So when it came time to launch my blog, I couldn’t get behind anything else, so I decided to stick with what I’ve always known!
Q: What made you decide to start blogging? A: Being in the field of nutrition, I often see and hear a ton of false information being thrown around. Since I have the educational background to fully understand what our body needs in terms of fuel, I felt that I could be a harbor for correct information in a world of myths, trends, and all around bad advice. I want to be one of the “go-to” gals who you can trust is giving you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Q: What do you blog about? A: I blog about nutrition, health, fitness, wellness, and lifestyle – a little bit of everything. However, my main focus is proper nutrition through the selection of healthy lifestyle choices and whole, real foods.
Q: How long have you been blogging? A: One month! I have a lot of learning to do still, but I’ve enjoyed every day thus far. This has always been a dream of mine that I only ever casually joked about to my classmates. One day while I was driving to campus I decided, “why not now?”
Q: What do you like to do beside blogging? Any hobbies? A: Since I’m a full time student, I don’t have a lot of free time after taking care of coursework (and blogging of course!). But when I do have free time, I enjoy playing Frisbee with my two dogs, hanging out with my boyfriend, going to local restaurants and breweries in town, and binge watching Netflix.
Q:Have you had writer’s block? What did you do? A: Unfortunately, I seem to have writers block ALL the time. I think its because I have so many ideas that when I go to sit down and write, I don’t know where to start! Usually I take a deep breath or take a break, and talk it over with my friends or boyfriend. I find that conversing about relevant topics for my blog stimulates enough brainpower to crank out a solid post!
Q: What’s one thing you want your subscribers to know? A: Basically what I said in my introductory post. That this blog is not about eating grass 3 times a day, and doing overpriced juice cleanses on the weekend. This blog is not about doing cardio for four hours a day and running on 1,200 calorie diets to fit into a summer swimsuit. This blog is not about eating 100% organic and following the newest fad diets. And this blog is definitely NOT about being perfect (in any aspect of your life) 24/7, because being "perfect" is simply overrated. I repeat, being "perfect" is simply overrated.
Rather, this blog is about how good you can feel in your own skin. How amazing it can be to eat whole foods and take care of yourself - and yes, this includes taking care of your soul too (and butter is definitely good for the soul no matter what anyone says). This blog is about sharing tips, tricks, and creating a community of support. This blog is to empower all of us to get into the kitchen, sweat a little, and enjoy life to the fullest.
Q: What made you decide on your college major? A: Oh gosh, I could write a whole post on this alone! I started out as a nursing major and decided that I didn’t like the direction that the field was going towards. While I commend nurses on all of their hard work, wit, and ability to take on such a thankless job; I wanted to push for preventative health methods instead.
Q: What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their blog? A: Be consistent and keep going. Even if only your Mom and your friend in your hometown is reading…keep going. It is hard to write when you think no one is listening. But you have to remember that even the most successful bloggers out there started from scratch. Everyone has day one.
Q:Do you have any other social media sites? A: I do! Facebook: www.facebook.com/simplyjustnoel , Instagram: simplyjustnoel, and Pinterest: simplyjustnoel
Q: Where do you see your blog in 5 years? A: In 5 years I will have obtained my Masters Degree and Registered Dietitian (RD) credentials and will be practicing! Therefore, I will be able to provide more services in terms of nutrition consultations for online clients on my blog! I also hope to continuing to be writing quality content for Simply Just Noel, and walking each and everyone through the next step(s) of my life!
Q:What do you want your readers to take from your blog? A: That we are all human and that no one is perfect when it comes to being healthy – not even a RD in training! So often we try to achieve this unrealistic picture of health and wellness that we forget to live a little. I think the key is to realize that life is a balance. If we spend so much time stressing out about being healthy, we might just find we are only killing ourselves quicker.
Oh, and that good healthy whole foods CAN taste good, be fun, and not break the bank! Q:How did you balance blogging and being a college student? A: Lots and lots of coffee!

Again,you should definitely check out her blog located at http://simplyjustnoel.com/. Noel, thanks again for allowing me to interview you!


<3 Amanda 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment