Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sadly,Another Mass Murder

I first just want to ask"Why can't people be nice?" This morning was the second day I woke up and found out on Facebook that there was yet another shooting that occurred, again Orlando, Florida.  This shooting was considered a mass murder. A man decided to go to a gay club and start shooting. Sadly, 50 people were killed and at least 53 people were injured (Fantz,, A., Karimi, F., & McLaughlin, E.,2016).That is unacceptable in my eyes as our as we are supposed to feel safe everywhere we are.  It is reported that this mass shooting is the worst terror attack in U.S. history since 9/11. While a shootout between the suspect and police, an officer suffered an eye injury when a bullet struck his helmet. His helmet saved his life ( (Fantz,, A., Karimi, F., & McLaughlin, E.,2016). 

It is said in the article (Fantz,, A., Karimi, F., & McLaughlin, E.,2016), that "Investigators have talked to Mateen's family, who indicated he had expressed anti-gay feelings." I just want to say I don't know if he decided to go mass shooting in a gay club because he disagrees with being gay but that is NOT acceptable. Everybody is different and that is what makes America unique because it would be very boring if everyone was the same.  In my opinion,people can love and be with whoever that want to be with. One of my brothers has a partner and I love them both,as they are. I don't see them in any other way. My brother will always be my brother and his partner is like a brother to me.I'm proud to say that I support same sex marriages.

Again in all serious, I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of lost ones and also with the family and friends of the people injured. There NEED to be an END to shootings!!

Reference:

Fantz,, A., Karimi, F., & McLaughlin, E. (2016). Police: 50 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack. Retrieved June 12, 2016, from http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/



<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment