Monday, June 13, 2016

Confessions Of A Blogger Tag

Hey guys, I wasn't sure what to post for today so I decided to look on google for a tag to do and I found this one. I really liked this one as I felt like it was really unique and personal. Hope you like it   :)


1) When did you start your blog?
I started my blog on April 30th, 2016.

2) Why did you start your blog?
At that time, I felt like everything was going wrong in my life and I needed an outlet. I thought about it and since I like writing, I thought starting a blog was a good idea.

3) Have you had any past presence online?
Not a lot of people know this but I did have a YouTube channel where I did a few videos but I don't like public talking. I know that when you make videos you're not really talking to anyone and that you're basically talking to yourself but I have always hated my voice. For instance, I dislike leaving voice mails because I don't like my voice. Also, this might sound like a normal woman comment but I don't like how I look, Yes, I'll be honest and say that I compare myself to others but try not to do it as much these days. I decided to delete my channel earlier this year.  I also had another blog called Living life as an ordinary girl before but I didn't really pay much attention to it. I ended up deleting it. I don't know why I stopped posting on it because I really love blogging and writing.

4) When did you become serious about your blog?
I would say that I got pretty serious about my blog very quickly. I know that it might sound crazy but I try to write a post for each day. Now, I am human so I've missed some days and not all of my posts were amazing in my eyes and that some posts have just been short and tags but I wanted to have a post up for those who read my blog.

5) What was your first post?
My first post was titled "Reason For Starting This Blog", which you can read at Reason For Starting Blog. I will say when you read it if you're new to my blog that a lot of things have changed since then. I need to make an update post soon.

6) What is the biggest challenge you have faced whilst blogging?
I haven't had anything that I would consider a challenge except maybe writer's block when I don't know what to write for the day or the next day. A great tip to overcome writer's block is to just google blog posts ideas and write down any topics you would like to write a post about. For me, I created a calendar for each month and wrote down the post I want to write on each day. Yes, there are blank days but I can fill those days in at a later time or just have a few of those days "empty days" I would, call it. Now, my calendar isn't extreme at all. I just took white computer paper, a ruler, a black pen and different colored Paper Mate Flair M pens. I took the ruler and made a calendar template for each month, the wrote the month, the year on the top and the days of the week in the black pen. I then used a different colored pen for the dates. You can see here my calendar from May and get an idea of how to create your own calendar or/and get ideas for post about. You can see that my calendar isn't perfect as there are a few scribbles but that's part of the process of figuring out what to write about.





7) Where do you see your blog in one year?
Wow, a year is a long time to think about. I really hope I'm still blogging and doing a hobby that I love doing. In a year, I hope to be a better blogger and maybe be freelancing. If anyone has any tips on that, please leave them below.

8) What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
To me, the most rewarding thing about blogging is that people actually read my blog posts. I have always liked writing but never really realize how good of a writer I am until people tell me. When I see my page views, I think to myself that I am a good writer and that people actually take the time out of their day to read what I write.

9) What's the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
Nothing has really discouraged me while blogging. I sometimes write a post that gets only a few number of page views and feel like not a lot of people are liking what I write but then I write my next post and get a lot more page views. Every blog post and reader are different and some topics might not sound interesting to some people.

10) What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
My inspiration for blogging is my love for blogging and writing.  Even when I'm having a bad day and need to write a post to vent, I can. Bloggers form a community of online friends. When you don't think anyone is there for you, there are actually many people around the world who reads your blog. It's like having friendships connected by the love of blogging and writing.


<3 Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment