Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Perspective on Labels


(http://quotesgram.com/labeling-people-quotes/)


This is a post that I have been wanting to write for awhile now. Like bullying,there need to be an end to labels as well.

Stupid, fat, loser, b****,ugly, freak,weird were just a few labels I have been called in my life, especially in middle school and high school.  Hearing my own classmates call me those names made me feel more conscious about myself and had less self-confidence in myself. I remember my self-esteem going down because I was thinking what if they are right and I am all of the things that they call me. I think,now,that really made my self confidence go way down throughout high school. Yes, I was involved with track and field my junior year and helped with the musical in my freshmen year but I feel like if my self-confidence was higher, then I would have been involved in more activities,clubs and maybe sports(who knows?). 


I want to tell all of the young teens out there;males and females; and even adults out there that you shouldn't even pay attention to what people think about you negatively. If they call you nice,sweet,caring,kind, pretty, handsome, etc., those are compliments and you should be happy to receive those. But when people call you names like ugly, stupid, freak,loser,etc. you should just ignore them because the only person who really knows you is..YOU! Labeling is a component of bullying and it too needs to end! Labeling negatively doesn't do the world any good, it just makes the world more negative and we need to spread more positively throughout the world.  If people call you a negative label, I know it's hard but try to ignore it and just focus on yourself because like I mentioned above, YOU are the only one who really knows you-inside and out. 


I have been in your shoes plenty of times, so if you need someone to talk to,I'm always available. Just send me a message through the "contact form" on the right side of my blog.


<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment