Friday, May 27, 2016

Blogger Interview: OneCrazyMessyMama (BEDM Day 27)

I decided to start interviewing other bloggers to help promote their blog. My first interview is with Lindsey,who resides in North Carolina. Her blog is OneCrazyMessyMama over at http://www.onecrazymessymama.com/. You should really check her blog out. She's a wife to a United States Marine and a mother to a little boy. 


Q:What is the meaning behind your blog name?
A: For me One Crazy Messy Mama means that I can show the world my craziness lol, being a wife to a man who works crazy hours and is gone frequently and mom to a one year old ball of chaos my life is messy. It allows me to show other new mamas that it is okay that your laundry is sitting in a pile in the floor waiting to be sifted through to find your husbands favorite sock or the dishes in the sink because life keeps moving and does not care about those things. I want other moms to see that they don't have to keep up this image, it's okay to let out your crazy LOL. 

Q:   What made you decide to start blogging?
A: I was always told growing up by my teachers and my mom that I was a good writer, but at the time I hated writing so I never really took those compliments to heart. Until I was roaming Pinterest as usual for ways to make extra cash on the side and blogging was one of the most popular ways. Even though blogging started out as a way to make money with it still is, it has become more of a way to be something other than a wife and mother. It gives me an outlet to share insights, my faith, and even frustrations with other readers.

Q:What do you blog about?
A: Life, it can be super messy and a little crazy. I write about faith, family, motherhood, marriage, frugal tips, and fun craft projects. You will find a little bit of everything on my blog with life being so crazy, there is no way I can write about just one thing.

Q:How long have you been blogging?
A: I originally started the set up and behind the scenes part back in January but did not really start posting until late February.

Q:What do you like to do beside blogging? Any hobbies?
A: I enjoy being crafty (I have an entire room with every supply possible LOL), working out, spending time with my husband and son, going to the beach, and reading. 

Q: Have you had writer’s block? What did you do?
A: In my short time blogging yes I have gotten writers block already. I researched and scoured the Internet, my brain, my husband's brain and even my mom and when that did not give me any ideas on what I wanted to write about I decided to do a simple 30 day challenge which I am finishing up now. It has asked me some awesome questions and opened up my brain to some topics that I cannot wait to publish on my blog!

Q: What’s one thing you want your subscribers to know?
A: I want my subscribers to know that I will always be honest, and my faith is a huge part of this blog.

Q:  How do you balance being a mom, wife and blogger?
A: Hm this is a good question LOL! I typically am up earlier than my son (definitely not my husband 4:30 is just too early for this girl) and awake later than both my husband and my son so that I can use the peace and quiet to write, edit, and schedule posts. During the day I use that as my social media and research time. Weekends I try to just do social media stuff and not work as hard because when my husband is home I make sure to spend as much time with him and our son as I can. While I hope that this blog becomes a solid way of income for my family I never want to put it before my family.

Q:  What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their blog?
A:  Forget about the numbers! I know that sounds like an oxymoron but believe me you need to forget about it! When you’re first starting it's more about your content, blog design, and professionalism. Once you get that down your numbers will come, make sure your content is awesome so those viewers will become followers and followers will become subscribers! Numbers don't matter if they don't stick around!

Q: Do you have any other social media sites?
A:. Facebook- www.facebook.com/onecrazymessymama
      Twitter- www.twitter.com/onecrazymessyma
       Instagram- www.instagram.com/onecrazymessymama
       Google+- www.plus.google.com/onecrazymessymama
       Pinterest- www.pinterest.com/onecrazymessymama


Again, you should check her blog out at http://www.onecrazymessymama.com/. And Lindsey, thank you so much for letting me interview you. 


<3 Amanda 










No comments:

Post a Comment