Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Sadness That Comes With Suicide (BEDM Day 25)

I wasn't familiar with suicide until my junior year of high school. I knew what suicide was but didn't know anyone who committed suicide until then. He was a grade lower than me but we still had a class together,I believed it was Family Living with Mrs.VG but I could be wrong as I had more than one class with her that year. We were both also on the Track and Field team, which met every afternoon after school. He was really smart and an amazing athlete. Beside the Track and Field team, he was also involved in wrestling and football.

I found out that he committed suicide after going on the computer after being grounded and finding out that everyone gathered at the school's football field to remember him. He was a great friend to everyone. He made the one class we had together fun,he was a great teammate and made us laugh. I remember the day of his funeral.It was held at our school's gym and it was packed. Two of our teammate's(twins) mom picked me and brought me back home. After the funeral, we drove to the cemetery to watch him get buried. There wasn't a dry eye anywhere (trying not to tear up at the moment).  He affected so many people's lives. I can't believe it has already been 8 years ;(

When I hear these two songs, I think about him:
"How Do You Get That Lonely?"- Blaine Larson
"Who You'd Be Today"- Kenny Chesney

If you are thinking about suicide, please stop. You have family and friends who care about you and love you. If you need someone to talk to,you can always send me an e-mail and I'll e-mail you back. If you want to talk to someone more professional then me then I beg you to call the suicide hot line number; 1 (800) 273-8255. You are amazing,smart and you are loved by many.

<3 Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment